Thursday, November 21, 2013

Week 2

I feel as though I should report concerning Sunday from week 1: She ran the 4 miles on a treadmill with stopping for a short walk each mile (her program idea), it took her one hour, and she couldn't have been more proud of herself :)



Day one of week 2 was a rough start because we were in a pinch for time, not to mention Emily's eating/timing is conflicting with the running schedule.  She eats lunch around noon, then nothing until it is time to go home.  By the time I pick her up for our run, she is terribly hungry.  She is so active that her metabolism must burn through food very quickly.  I had her eat some crackers then we were on our run (with a warm up first).  2.2 miles into our 3.5 mile run her stomach began to hurt.  She just did not feel good.  I immediately knew what the problem was.  I fed her too close to her run.  Even though it wasn't a heavy meal, or a lot of food, I really should have given her longer after eating it.  We ended up with a total of 2.5 miles (had to walk back to the car), but it was a really great time with her, and a pretty one too!



Day 2 of week 2 This day went so well.  It was sunshiny and only a two miler.  She was supercharged for some reason!  Two things happened this day; One- her teacher agreed that she may eat a snack at 2pm, one hour before we run, and Two: Emily was on fire!  She was running so much faster than me, and obtained a 9:15 pace!  I was struggling to keep up!  We ran around the track at her school.  One mile equals seven laps, so if you can imagine, this is a tedious run (for me).  Today I asked her, "Out of the three places we ran, which would be the one you would like to try for 3.5 miles today?"  She said "The track".  I know she said this because that is where she had her best experience...so I will suck it up, and run it like a good mommy.  


Day 3 of week 2 We learned (or maybe I learned) a good strategy to not wearing out my baby.  She likes to walk every mile or so, this I know from her 4 miler on Sunday, so I thought while we were running, "why not apply that to all our runs".  So I asked her if she would like to walk after every mile and she said yes.  I also decided that running the track is not so bad, it eliminates danger, the asphalt is better for our feet and knees, and we get fresh air! This run was a very cold one for both of us.  First of all I could not find her actual running pants (pictured above) and she had to wear her P.E. clothes.  It was about 35 degrees outside.  Maybe it was warmer, but with wind chill it had to be that at least.  Emily got cold, then got hot, then cold.  It was the type of weather where you should leave your jacket on and wait till the hot flash passes.  I was getting worried about her at one point because she looked cold.  This is a child who is complaining about being hot 99% of the time.  Every time I would ask, she would assure me she was okay.  After the run we were left feeling refreshed, and a bit tired.  Tonight I am pretty much spent, but not miss energetic Emily.  It's like she never even ran!
Post 3.5 mile run. She took her jacket off.

Emily has the floor:
hey guys whoever is reading this is awesome.  I just wanted to tell you a little about week two coming from me.  Well I think it was yesterday(wednesday) I ran two mies in like 18:28 minutes. wow isn't that awesome!!!!!!!!!!  I like how these past days have been sunny when i run it is so cool especially today(thursday) my 3.5 mile run.  it was beautiful especially with the blue sky!!!!!!!!!!  :):):)  thanks for reading!!!!!!!!!!  :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

No comments:

Post a Comment